Rod Bennett Commercial Property Consultants

with epccom, I know I can

depend on them to provide a

        fast and efficient service

tel: 0191 645 0033


for help & enquiries:

Commercial EPC Information

Do I require an Energy Performance Certificate?

EPC's are required for all "conditioned" commercial buildings over 50sqm when they are sold, let, modified (building fabric or services) or constructed. A "conditioned" building is one with a roof and walls which uses energy to condition the indoor climate i.e. some levels of heating, mechanical ventilation or cooling

How long is an EPC valid for?

An EPC is valid for ten years, or until a newer EPC is prepared.

When is an EPC not required?

EPC's are not required on construction, sale or rent for:

Places of worship; temporary buildings with a planned time of use less than two years; stand alone (detached) buildings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2 that are not dwellings; industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with very low energy demand; and listed buildings.

EPCs are not required on sale or rent for buildings due to be demolished. The seller or landlord should be able to demonstrate that: the building is to be sold or let with vacant possession; and the building is suitable for demolition and the resulting site is suitable for redevelopment; and they believe, on reasonable grounds, that a prospective buyer or tenant intends to demolish the building (e.g. on evidence of an application for planning permission).

What happens if I do not have an EPC?

Failure to provide an EPC upon marketing the property can result in a fine of 12.5% of the rateable value of the building up to a maximum of £5,000. Enforcement is carried out by local Trading Standards departments.

What if I am selling or letting only part of the property?

A building can either be the whole building or part of a building designed or altered to be used separately.
The sale and let of commercial buildings can be complex with floors let to different tenants, and with a mixture of retail, office and residential accommodation. The EPC required for any space you offer for sale or let must reflect the accommodation on offer.

Selling or letting a building as a whole?
You can prepare an EPC for the whole building, even if that building has parts designed or altered to be used separately with separate heating systems.

Selling of letting part of building, where the building has a common heating system ?
If a building has a common heating system, then the seller or prospective landlord can prepare (or make available) an EPC for the whole building or for a part designed or altered to be used separately. The EPC will be based on the energy consumption of the building apportioned in relation to the area of the accommodation being offered.

Buildings with separate parts and separate heating systems?
An EPC should be prepared (or made available) for each part of a building that is being offered separately for sale or let. The EPC should reflect the services in those part(s) being offered for sale or let and will include a portion of the energy consumption of any common areas that exist solely or mainly for access to the part.

What if the commercial premises includes some residential accommodation?

Any separate residential accommodation that is self-contained will require its own EPC (using SAP or RdSAP as appropriate). Residential space that can only be accessed via commercial premises (i.e. a house with a shop in a downstairs room or a shop with accommodation where the access is through the shop) will be assessed with the commercial premises as a single building (where SBEM is more appropriate).

Qualified & Accredited

epccom assessors are accredited by NHER to provide commercial energy performance certificates.

Commercial EPCs

EPC in 3 working days

Prices from £99

Quality service

EPCcom are Commercial EPC Providers

Commercial EPC Provider, Commercial Energy Performance Certificate provider, Commercial Energy Certificate, EPC Newcastle, commercial EPC Provider in Newcastle, commercial EPC Provider in

Sunderland, non-domestic EPC Provider in Tyne & Wear, EPC Provider in Teesside,commercial EPC Provider in Northumberland, commercial EPC Gateshead, EPC UK, commercial EPC provider in UK,

commercial EPC Carlisle, We can provide EPC's for a whole range of commercial buildings including, EPC Factory provider, EPC Office Building, EPC Commercial property, EPC Shop provider, EPC

workshop, EPC warehouse, EPC factory, EPC, Display Energy Certificate Provider, Commercial EPC supplier, EPCcom provides commercial epc energy performance certificates for commercial non-domestic

buildings throughout the UK and Ireland, Commercial property energy performance certificate, shop energy performance certificate, retail energy performance certificate, factory energy performance certificate,

warehouse energy performance certificate, office energy performance certificate, pub energy performance certificate, showroom energy performance certificate.

EPCcom - Commercial Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Providers.

Need further assistance?

Basic EPC guidance is provided to the left.  If you require further assistance please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to help.

EPC Guidance

View the latest


guidance for

commercial EPCs.

Click the icon

to the left

Click the icon

to the left